At Advanced Rehab our fully trained and experienced physiotherapists offer a full physio service. For your convenience we have two Auckland physiotherapy clinics; Blockhouse Bay Physiotherapy and Advanced Rehab, White Cross, Ponsonby.
Physiotherapy – proactive and dynamic physiotherapist treatment
Whatever your health issue, getting the right help at the right time is the key. Physiotherapy provides holistic preventive, diagnostic and rehabilitation help to maintain and restore your highest level of physical health.
We can help you by:
- treating and preventing joint sprains, muscle sprains, and neck and back aches
- manipulation of affected areas
- rehabilitation of sports injuries
- restoring function after injury or surgery
- correcting and preventing poor posture or muscular imbalance
- managing chronic conditions
- treating overuse injuries
- managing respiratory and neurological conditions
Physiotherapy Services provided include:
Our aim at Advanced Rehab is to help you maintain your current health or, if you are currently physically or functionally impaired, help you recover your health. This includes:
- relief of pain
- restoring range of motion
- increasing strength and endurance
- repair of injured area and prevention of recurrences
Sports physiotherapy and massage
Advanced Rehab physiotherapists are committed to developing a proactive and effective treatment programme that will get you moving freely and back to playing your favourite sport again. We will also show you how to prevent that injury recurring so that you can enjoy pain free exercise for a long time to come.
Our sports physio includes, sports injury rehabilitation, sports massage, sports strapping, and the design of specialist sports training programmes to ensure you reach your full potential.
At Advanced Rehab our staff have experience and expertise in many specialised physio treatments including:
- neurology and neurological physiotherapy
- respiratory physiotherapy
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- oncology related physiotherapy
- orthopaedic physiotherapy
- chronic pain treatments
- hyperventilation treatment
- acupuncture (dry needling)
Older adults physiotherapy services
People are staying fitter and active for longer than they used to, but the reality is the aches and pains of growing older still challenge us at the most inopportune times.
At Advanced Rehab our physiotherapists have proven expertise and experience in physiotherapy care for older adults, including:
- general physiotherapy for older adults
- pre and post operation rehabilitation
- falls and balance
- home assessments
- activities of daily living (ADL)
- home physiotherapy visits
- manual handling training for carers
Acupuncture is a collection of procedures which involves the stimulation of points on the body using a variety of techniques (needling, electro-acupuncture, cupping, TDP heat therapy, etc.).
The aim of acupuncture is to improve the circulation of blood and the flow of Qi/ energy/ nutrients in the body, so as to accelerate recovery from injury and pain, improve physical and mind states, and maintain well-being.
Advanced Rehab Acupuncture offer the following services:
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Pain Management
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Stress and Anxiety Management
- Digestion Disorders
- Women Health
- Weight Management
Podiatrist Muriel understands the importance of good foot health, and her experience ranges across footwear advice and fitting, diabetic screening and management, the Arthritic foot including Orthotic management and palliative foot care.
Advanced Rehab Podiatry services offered:
- Ingrowing Toenails
- Footwear advice
- Diabetic and Arthritic foot
- General Palliative care
- Orthotic management
- Treatment of Verrucae
- Holistic empathetic approach
- Home visits
Working alongside the exceptional support and experience of Sean Mchugh NZRP (BSc hons) and his great Physiotherapy Team our goal is to offer a Podiatry Service with the care of our patients being paramount.